1. The week before last I ran significantly more than 50 miles and my legs were fine. I haven’t run a step this week and my right knee is killing me and I’m waking up in the middle of the night with leg cramps so severe I think being water-boarded would have to be preferable.
2. I can work in MODFLOW and MATLAB, but still can’t figure out how to insert a link in WordPress.
3. Of the three amazing women who keep me sane (or at least sane enough to pass) only on is local and one lives all the way in Chi-town. Pretty darn hard to hug someone 1,000 miles away.
4. Just found out Our Community Place is hosting what sounds like a fascinating seminar on media and body image. On November 22. While I’m supposed to be en route from Winston-Salem to the beach.
5. I stop running and am suddenly ravenously hungry. All. The. Time. This makes sense how?
6. Went grocery shopping yesterday and at the check-out was given a coupon good for a free Thanksgiving turkey. While I may still not know exactly what I’m doing for T-day (see #3) I do know that it will not entail eating flesh. And even if I wasn’t a vegetarian, did I really need one more reminder that I don’t have a family with which to share a turkey? Not so much.
7. The marriage is over six months ago and I move to Harrisonburg. Since that very day my cycles have been regular enough to set my watch by them with no artificial hormonal assistance of any kind. After five years of my period being MIA, once I firmly decided that, unless I meet the perfect man who feels his life would be incomplete with kids, I really don’t want children… all of a sudden this?
8. The best doctoral program for me maybe in West Lafayette, Indiana. West-freaking-Lafayette. Indiana. (This does have the benefit of being closer to Chicago – see #2 – but still. Indiana?)
9. The best, by far: learning that it is indeed possible to go through a phase of life where I will simultaneously battle grey hair and breakouts. Cute. Very cute.